The local history museum.
Kaharin Kotiseututalo was a donation from A. Ahlström Osakeyhtiö. The main building was probably completed in the late 18th century.
In addition to the original buildings, the museum area currently houses a loft, croft, kiln, smoke sauna, forge shop and woodshed.
There are also numerous objects, photographs and stories of days gone by. Among the most valuable items are a cradle and the “king’s table”. The cradle used to belong to the family of governor de Carnall, who founded the Noormarkku iron works, and later to the Ahlström family. The “king’s table” has an honorary place in the building. King Gustav IV Adolf dined at this long table in the Lankoski mansion during his visit to Finland with his entourage in 1806.
The actual local history museum is located in the bakery of the main building.
Open outside the summer season by appointment.