The Lavia church was completed in 1823.
It is a cross-in-square church with a tower at the end. The designer and construction work supervisor of the church was Juha Köykkä (Johannes Köykkä-Köhlström). The church was built without an official permit, which was granted on 10 June 1823. The appearance of the church was changed in the late 19th century, with the upper part of the tower being given a new look designed by Helge Rancken. The altarpiece from 1907 is painted by Alexandra Frosterus-Såltin, and its depicts the Ascension of Christ. The churchyard features a memorial of the great famine (1867–1868).