Open 1.-31.7.2020 Mon-Fri 11-17.
The architect of the Reposaari church completed in 1876 is unknown, but as far as is known, the drawings of the church were ordered from Stockholm. The church is hexagonal, the bell tower octagonal.
The church was originally a rather modest plank building where divine services could only be held in the summertime. It was renovated to be suitable for winter use in 1902. In the next renovation in 1906, the pulpit was moved from above the altar to its current place and the altarpiece painted by Felix Frang the same year was placed on the apse wall. The theme of the painting is “Jesus wakes up the sleeping disciples as the betrayer approaches in Gethsemane”.
In the renovation of 1928, the interiors of the church changed considerably when the interior of the church was painted and the lectern was expanded into its current size. Lennart Segerstråle painted four large paintings on the church wall: “God’s Covenant with Noah”, “Jesus Calms the Storm”, “Jesus Saves Peter from Drowning” and “The Sea Gives up its Dead”. The church can seat approximately 250.
In addition to soldiers’ graves, there is a memorial for the torpedo boat S2 that sunk in 1926. The memorial was designed by Wäinö Aaltonen.
President Sauli Niinistö and first lady Jenni Haukio were married in this church in 2009.