Jusélius Mausoleum is located at the Käppärä Cemetery. It is one of Pori’s most popular sights and part of the Pori National Urban Park.
The mausoleum was commissioned by local industrialist Fritz Arthur Jusélius for his daughter Sigrid, who died of tuberculosis, to be her last place of rest. Sigrid and Fritz Arthur Jusélius’ sarcophagi are on display in the mausoleum. Sigrid’s mother and sister are buried in the family grave close to the small chapel. The grave of Jusélius’ second wife is also close to the small chapel, and his third wife is buried next to the mausoleum.
The Gothic Revival mausoleum was designed by the renowned church architect Josef Stenbäck. The ground slab of the mausoleum was cast in the beginning of the 20th century. Originally, the mausoleum was decorated with frescoes painted by Akseli Gallen-Kallela. However, the frescos began to deteriorate already in 1903. After the condition of the frescoes in the central hall became very poor, they were replaced one at a time with bronze reliefs by the sculptor Emil Cedercreutz by 1925. The current frescos were painted by artist Jorma Gallen-Kallela during 1933–1939 after drafts by his father, Akseli Gallen-Kallela.
The mausoleum was inaugurated on the anniversary of F. A. Jusélius’ birth, 13 June 1941.
The mausoleum is open daily between 1 May and 31 August from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., between 1 September and 30 April on Sundays from noon to 5 p.m. Free entry. Open for a separate fee by request on 1–30 September.